Friday, January 17, 2020

How To Outlast In UIC


      Once in my life, I have become who I am now. When I entered this challenge I am facing, I have overcome several battles that I encountered in this  battleground. I have fought sleepless nights, breakdowns and other things that made me feel like I'm on the deepest and darkest ground. Entering college is a terrifying and an overwhelming experience. The greatest fear of unknown is the greatest fear of all. Being away with your parents is the most sorrowful feeling to feel. And when you're feeling down or sick they are not by your side to take care of you but you have to stand on your own and help yourself for it will  still be for your sake.

              In 3 to 4 years from now, I still can't clearly see myself in the future for I have trust in God that I will be on the right track starting from this day onward. I just have to help myself in overcoming the struggles that I am facing now. I have to be mindful for what my parents did just for the sake just of me being in  school. That they worked hard just to provide the needs for my education. My parents supported me throughout my life since the day I was born in this world until the school I want to enter in college and the degree that I want to get. It was not easy to choose the school I wanted to enter since I was confused then. But look at now, I chose to study at University of the Immaculate Conception because they nurtures faith, builds passion for excellence and develops lifelong learners with compassion for service. And I believe that when I enter this university, I will engrave these values until I graduate and work in my chosen profession. University of the Immaculate Conception became important in my life because it shaped myself into becoming an excellent student especially in the profession I am taking in- the Medical Laboratory Science. I have learned different lessons and values while I am studying in this institution, I have become independent, motivated , God-fearing, excellent, courteous and polite, and well-mannered individual. I have also learned life-long lessons that I will forever bring until I have my own family. Nevertheless, I still see myself being proud of what I have become now after all those years. In God, I trust all his Will in this journey that I chose to take a path.

        I’m proud to say that my profession I am taking in is on the verge of becoming a reality despite the struggles and challenges I encountered. If you told me that four years ago, I wouldn’t believe it until I experience it. But now, I can see that University of the Immaculate Conception is a significant institution that can lead you into looking inside yourself and revealing the true person within. Maybe the best thing about University of the Immaculate Conception is that it’s only the beginning but the most important thing are the values and learning. I believe that...
“Our greatest glory in life is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” 


Be One of Us, Be UICian!

Visit University of the Immaculate Conception for more info! 

No comments:

Post a Comment